Tuesday, February 24, 2009

the hair cutting fiasco

My hair is significantly shorter than it was this past weekend because I'm an impatient dumbass. My hair was getting straggly and I decided that it was time for a trim. The last time I got my hair cut, it was by the lovely Megan Boerio and she did a fantastic job. I asked her to do it again and she was busy and wasn't able to be at my beckoning call. So instead of waiting for her to be free, or hell, actually going to get my hair cut at a salon, I took it upon myself to cut my hair. This may seem like a crazy idea to some, but I am actually quite a good haircutter. I've cut my mom's hair, both of my sisters, my friends and my own. I cut my own hair when it was much much longer and involved cutting in a straight line. Now that my hair is shorter it's a lot harder to manage. I forgot to take this into account and decided to cut anyway.

I get a shower and go to put some mousse in my hair after I comb it out and discover that there is no mousse in my closet. Where could it be? Hmmm.....It took me about 10 seconds to realize that someone in my family stole it. It wouldn't be a family visit if something wasn't broken or missing. I say screw it and start to cut. I started in the back first and then made my way to the front. About halfway through I realized that I fucked up royally and was going to have short ass hair by the time things were said and done. Since I had no mousse and because I wanted to see how bad it really was, I decided to straighten my hair. It took me a freakin hour to straighten my hair! I look at it and it's horrendous. Back to the scissors I go. I thought that I was done chopping after that, but, ofcourse, I was wrong.

Yesterday after I showered I got out and thought that my hair looked great, a little short, but great. AJ comes over and tells me that it's a lot longer in the back than it is in the front. Fuuuuuccckkkkkk... So I hand him the scissors and tell him to just make it even in the back. He didn't comb it or anything, just cut. It was the most unorthodox hair cutting ever. The good news is that my hair is finally even. The bad news is that my hair hasn't been this short since Jessica cut it...yikes!!


Edit as of 2.25.09 8:42 am: I have to edit this blog because of what I discovered last night. AJ fucked up and now my hair is shorter in the back than it is in the front. So what am I going to do? Nothing. If I keep trying to fix it I'll be bald by Friday. The moral of the story is to leave the hair to MB (or professionals, haha).

More good news: my hard drive enclosure things finally came and I'm going to send my computer back today to be fixed finally!!!!!

I'm obsessed with this song. The word that keeps being bleeped out is "ho" ...as in "don't trust a ho"

No comments: