Greeeeeeetings!!!!!!
I can't believe that I haven't blogged since August. That's a violation. My life has changed significantly since the last time I blogged. Am I done my thesis yet? No. However, I am quickly approaching my defense date. This date will be delayed by one week because I have tickets to the Eagles game on Nov. 7. Oh well. So let's recap what has changed by re-visiting what was happening a month ago.
1 month ago: I was sleeping on a couch
Now: I get to sleep in my own bed!!!!!
1 month ago: I ate one meal a day to save money, which, 9 times out of 10 consisted of Chipotle.
Now: My mom cooks for me everyday
1 month ago: I showered once every 3 days in order to conserve water.
Now: I shower every day...sometimes
1 month ago: I hadn't received a paycheck in 3 months
Now: I received my first paycheck in 4 months and it consisted of $133 dollars!!!
1 month ago: I was unable to fit in to any of my pants because I had gained so much weight.
Now: I've lost approximately 5-7 pounds depending on whether or not I have to shit. My mom's skinny jeans are now my fat jeans. I'm hoping to fit in to my old pants again real soon.
1 month ago: My car was housing a smelly ass refrigerator. (see previous blogs)
Now: That same refrigerator sits in my basement and houses all of my beers.
1 month ago: I hadn't seen A.J. for more than 7 days in 5 months.
Now: I see that smelly son of a bitch every single day. Whooo rest of my life. A.J. was asked how he survived that long without me. His response: chronic masturbation. Gross.
1 month ago: I felt completely removed from my roots and all things Philly
Now: I have become completely addicted to 97.5 the fanatic sports radio. I've regained my sense of philly pride; however, it is slowly consuming my vocabulary and life in general.
1 month ago: I had no job, no hope, no money, no future.
Now: I have a job that pays absolute shit and is an hour commute from home. So now I have a job, no hope and a possible future.
1 month ago: The battery of my laptop was completely fucked.
Now: I ordered a new one and I am able to sit on the couch for hours on end with out plugging it in. Oh modern conveniences.
1 month ago: I talked to my mom once every 2 days on average
Now: I get the pleasure of seeing her beautiful face, EVERY SINGLE DAY.
1 month ago: I didn't think do anything about my wedding in months.
Now: I was forced to do some shit.
What a nice lead in to the rest of the blog!
So here is the wedding update. This past Sunday, we had our first get-shit-done-for-the-wedding-day. There will be many more to come.
We debated on the colors and ultimately decided to keep them as is.
We have locked in Andre Crews as the D.J. He's black and sassy, which guarantees a good time.
We looked in to having someone perform the ceremony. The first company that we looked at cost $800. WHO DOES THAT???? That is an outrage. Needless to say, some more research needs to be done in that department.
We registered at Bed, Bath and Beyond, Kohl's and Sears. The choice of these 3 stores has an interesting, yet boring story. So fuck that. I thought that registering for stuff was going to be fun. But it has turned out to be about 1,000,000 decisions that I was not prepared for. It seems like I can't register for anything until I've decided on the color scheme for each room in a house that I don't own. The good that thing is that we literally have nothing, so we can register for a lot of shit and actually require it.
A.J. has finally chosen his last groomsman, but I will not reveal the name just yet. He still hasn't asked the guy.
According to my mom, my bridal shower is going to be in June, here at my house. So everyone stay tuned for that! I thought it was supposed to be a surprise, but I guess not. I'm not ok with it being called a "bridal shower". This isn't 1960 anymore. I think that A.J. should be there with me opening up all of the stuff because it's not just mine. I won't be the only one doing dishes, laundry and general household chores. In fact, if I have it my way, I won't be doing any of those things. HAHAHAHAHA. But seriously.
That is it for now. Stay tuned for updates from the next get-shit-done-for-the-wedding-day. For those who are wondering, I have not tried on a dress yet. I'm still waiting to lose some more weight.
I want to sex your dad.
No comments:
Post a Comment