Friday, January 9, 2009

2009 already sucks

I only made it to day 7 of christmas break before I stopped blogging. I think this is because that is around the time when the white russians started being made 3x a day and family gatherings started to happen. This picture of my sisters and I sums it up quite nicely.


So the first day of 2009 consisted of me waking up on a couch in my basement with no pants or underwear on. I blacked out the night before, pissed the bed and woke up not knowing where I was. I spent half the day at sear's auto repair at the willow grove mall because the night before somayeh hit a curb and popped her two front tires. Fantastic. I felt like total ass the entire time. The rest of the day I spent on the couch watching shows about people who weigh over 1,000 pounds. Yikes. That night I got an email from my lovely advisor saying that the University is officially open on the 2nd and she wants to have a meeting. Really??!!?! I didn't reply or show up.

The past week has been total hell. I have 4 very real and very difficult classes this semester (as opposed to my 3 bullshit classes last semester) and I have more research and more responsibility. It's only week one and I already feel like I'm about 2 months deep into the semester. I had go to out today and get Matlab and MathCAD because I'm going to need it for my geotechnical analysis class. Later on today I'm going to a review session for Linear Algebra and Differential Equations because my finite element class requires me to relearn that crap. Well...I guess it's not crap, I'm just frustrated because all of the things that I learned freshman year, that I haven't used since then, are all coming back to bite me in the ass. I have 4 homework assignments due next week which presents my next issue.

Tomorrow I'm leaving for the Transportation Research Board Conference. It's in Washington D.C. and 10,000 people are expected to go. I'm really excited to go to the conference. It should be a lot of fun and it will be a great networking opportunity. All of my research group buddies are going and we're all sharing a hotel together. But the bad thing is that it's 5 days long!!!

1. when am I supposed to get my homework done?
2. the dress is business casual and I have absolutely zero clothes that fall into that category....fuuuuuuccccckkk!!
3. there is supposed to be a huge snow storm tomorrow right around the time that I am leaving to drive to washington

So to wrap things up, 2009 has already sucked balls and I don't see the end in sight. The good news is that my 2 new years resolutions have already made my life a little better. They are:

1. Stop eating out so much
2. limit drinking to once a week

Both of these resolutions will help with my monetary problems and fitting into clothes problem. I lost 3 pounds since I've been back in pittsburgh and I haven't wasted my money at a bar or chipotle!!

No comments: