As most of you know, I have had the semester from hell so far. My only saving grace is my friends and AJ, of course. I still don't know how he puts up with me and my psycho mental episodes. My lack of money, combined with my difficult courses and my demanding research tasks are always there, but these things that have happened to me so far just aren't right. I'm a little afraid to actually vent my frustrations because I'm not 100% positive who actually reads this. But let me say that calling my research "demanding" is more of an understatement than saying that I occasionally consume alcohol. I have had serious anxiety all semester, so much that it's even affected my menstrual cycle.
Let me tell you about the things that have happened in the past week starting with the first.
1. I went skiing about 3 weeks ago and haven't found my car keys since then. My dad tried to send me the spare and that apparently got lost in the mail.
2. My lovely sister totally bails on me for our fuel and fuddle night when I was having a really bad day. She said that she was sick, but I found out that she was planning her spring break trip with her friends. BITCH!!!
3. My brand new, sexy computer, that I bought in December, broke last Saturday morning. I called hp technical support and the guy said that I need to send it in to get it fixed. Luckily it didn't seem to be a problem with my hard drive so I should take it out so that it doesn't get wiped when I send it in.
4. I spend the entire weekend in Benedum redoing all of my work from the previous week because ALL of my research is on that thing and if a certain someone found out that I lost an entire week of work, I would probably be screamed at until my ears bleed in the most degrading manor possible.
5. I come home on saturday night around 10 and attempt to remove my hard drive once AJ provided me with the proper screwdriver. I take the panel off, I have absolutely no idea what I'm looking at and decide to call HP again for them to help me. To make a long story short. The first guy that I talked to told me all of the wrong things and that I absolutely need to send in my hard drive and there is a 99.9% chance that it will be completely erased. After almost having a breakdown I told this guy on the phone, who was really nice, that there had to be something I could do to get the data off of my hard drive. He told me about this website that I could go to and buy an enclosure to put my hard drive in and then hook it up to a computer and everything will be ok.
6. I order a hard drive enclosure from this website after spending over an hour trying to figure out the right one to buy. The hard drive enclosure comes, and it's the wrong one. Fuuuucckkk.
7. The day that my hard drive came (wednesday), I was in school all day, from 7am to 8pm. All I kept hearing all day was how nice and sunny it was. I didn't go outside the entire time and so I wasn't able to appreciate the nice weather. I leave at 8 and not only is it pouring rain, not only did I leave my umbrella at home, but....the wind was out of control and it was blowing the rain in places that I didn't even know could get wet. I got on a bus, soaking wet, with other soaking wet people who smelled like total balls. Then I got off of the bus and started my 0.5 mile walk in wet jeans. By the time I got home, I had that oh so sexy inner thigh rash. Fast forward an hour later and I realized that I had ordered the wrong hard drive thingy.
8. Yesterday I had the absolute worst morning ever. To sum things up, Somayeh and I were screamed at like we were dogs from multiple people and nothing that we did was our fault. I had an exam yesterday and I had planned on studying for it all day. But because of the events that unfolded in the morning, I didn't have a chance to. The only great thing that's happened to me in a while happened yesterday when I was at the end of my ropes. I almost had a breakdown in school yesterday. My exam was at 5:30 and the power went off in Benedum at around 4:50. It didn't come on again until around 6:30 which was the perfect amount of time to turn my exam into a take home exam.
And the tides turn...........
I looked at the exam and I would have totally tanked it so the power outage had to be a sign from God that he still loves me and feels bad that life sucks for me on a regular basis.
Then as I was leaving the house to go to AJ's contemporary ensemble, the conductor and composer of the concert (who happens to live next door to me) walks out and offers me a ride. The show was great and I went out for a couple beers afterwards.
Yesterday was the best and worst day ever. It started out horrible and it ended great. Hopefully the tides are turning and next week will be better.
Also, manik just told me that Titanic was the most beautiful movie that he's ever seen and that made my day.
2 comments:
I have something that might cheer you up. I have an idea for this year's talentless contest that i'm working on. i'll send the details sometime this weekend.
Hey Niece.
Sorry to hear about your bummer of a week. Stay strong. I'm looking forward to next weekend. I'll be riding in the back with your Mother. Any advice ? I plan on being stoopid the entire time. You'll be peeing your pants and it won't be from the beer.
Post a Comment