Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The meatheads that work at GNC

Yesterday I went food shopping to stock up on all of the necessary items for my diet, or lifestyle change, pardon me. Before I went to the giant eagle, I stopped GNC because I needed to get me some whey protein powder. So I walk into the GNC, I've never been there before in my life and I was kind of scared to go in there. I was anticipating being the fattest, ugliest person in the store and having some awkward encounter with the guy at the sales register and sure enough I was right. I walk in and I was the only person in the store besides the 2 employees whose necks were too big for their shirts, total meatheads. So they both asked me if I wanted help and I said no. I know what I wanted, I just needed to find it. So I find the large jars that are clearly marked in large letters 100% WHEY PROTIEN. You'd have to be retarded to miss it. So I opt for 2 smaller ones so that I can get 2 flavors and I walk up to the counter and the dude at the counter looks at the jars of protein and then looks up at me and says, "have you ever had this stuff before?" And I said yes. I used to make the shakes all the time when I had mono to get better. Then he asks me what I plan on using it for. I look at him and I'm like, what does it matter, I just want to buy this. And then he asks me if I lift weights a lot and I looked at my arms and was like seriously? Does it look like I lift a lot? Then he points his finger over my shoulder and goes, "there's some women's formulated protein back there if you want that." Then I finally said to this asshole, "Are you gonna let me buy this or not? So he finally sold it to me and I walked out of there feeling so awkward. As if I didn't already feel like a fat, worthless piece of shit walking in there, that douche bag had to make it worse.

In addition to that scene last night I totally fucked up seeing a movie. I was supposed to go and see Pineapple Express with honey buns, Ravi and McCall at 7:45 at southside. I thought I left my place at 6 to go food shopping for these new foods, but I either left later than that because I can't tell time or I spent way too much time down at the waterfront. Regardless, I get a call at 7:20 from pagach asking me how I'm getting to the movie. And then I was like why are you going so early, and then I realized what time it was and realized that the only way I was going to make it is if I went straight there. But I couldn't do that because I had to put my food in the refrigerator and freezer. I'm so mad that happened, I was so excited to go and see Pineapple Express!!! Plus Ravi bought me a ticket so that made me feel like even more of an asshole. I always get so mad at peope for being late and not being able to keep track of time and here I am, the ultimate asshole not realizing what I'm doing. So my apologies to all those involved last night.

Women's gymnastics team final tonight!!!! Holla!!!


In honor of the missed movie last night

2 comments:

Unclepalooza said...

Hey niece !

you know what they say about guys with "big necks" ?

Unknown said...

no blog yesterday? I kept looking for it.

Sorry for disapearing yesterday, Capoiera tonight?